Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reasons why I haven't been blogging

This has been a crazy summer!

Reason #1:
We came back from Vegas on the 2nd. We got home around 6 pm and by 2 pm next day we were ready and all packed up again to go to Idaho Falls. We stayed there for the whole weekend. We actually did a lot when we were there. We went to the parade, later in the day, we went to the zoo and we also watched the fireworks. We went shopping too! It was great!







Reason #2:
I signed the kids up for swimming lessons, and the lessons started the day after we came back from Idaho Falls. This time Alyssa would also participate with me, in the mommy and me class. It was fun, but I wish she was old enough to go by herself. She kept kicking me and pulling on my swimsuit. It was definitely a work out. I think it would be better if they had the lessons spread out through the month instead of having them from Monday through Thursday for two weeks.




Reason #3:
Any free time (if there is such a thing for any mom) that I had in the last three weeks, I spent doing some "research". I know I've already mentioned how obsessed with coupons I am. I was really proud of myself when I went to Albertsons and spent $36.14 and saved $48.73. I bought 5 boxes of cereal (all 1 lb. boxes), one 2 lb. block of cheese, one Spray n'wash, one bottle of olive oil, Finish power tabs (20 count), one box of bisquick mix, one TreeTop apple juice, 3 bottles of soda, one box of capri sun, 2 gallons of milk, one sponge, 2 J&M smoked sausage, one bottle of Purex fabric softner, and one garlic.



Most recently, I went to Albertsons again (it's my favorite place to buy groceries) with Roman and I bought one bottle of olive oil, one gallon of milk, 1.86 lb. of peaches and one bottle of Pantene conditioner. I spent $5.26 and saved $14.29 . I thought that wasn't too bad. Roman thought it was pretty cool that we bought all of these items for the price of one bottle of olive oil.



And that's what we have been doing lately. I'll try to be a little better about posting!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Roberta, where do you get all your coupons?

romanrobertaloftus said...

I get them on the Sunday paper and on line. It takes a lot of time but I think it's worth it.

Fisher Family said...

I loved the pic of Caled with dad on the parade!

What site on line do you get your coupons? I need to be better at that.