Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No Kids Allowed

Vegas, baby!! Roman and I went to Vegas to celebrate our 9th anniversary! It took a lot of planning because we don't have anyone to leave the kids with. My mom works full time and her days off are Thursdays and Sundays. She was able to take a Wednesday off to help us out but we only had a couple of days to try to enjoy some well deserved alone time... So Vegas seemed the right place.

We had never left the kids with anyone for more than a few hours. Tatyana and Caleb stayed overnight at my parents house when I was in the hospital delivering Alyssa and that's pretty much it. I have to confess that I was having a little bit of anxiety when I left them Tuesday afternoon with Jalyn, a very nice 12 year old girl in our ward. My parents would only be able to go to my house later that night. I left two letters with instructions, one for my parents and one for Jalyn. During the 4 hours that Jalyn babysat for me, I called her 5 times... But everything went well and the kids had a blast! Tatyana was actually really excited for us to leave. She knows she can get away with a lot when she is with grandma and grandpa.

We stayed at the Excalibur and we had a non-smoking room. But I still could not stand the smell. I woke up a couple of times during the night because of it. I thought I would be used to it since when growing up in Brazil there were many friends and members of my family that smoked.

We had a great time! We walked a lot, visited a lot of the hotels and went to the shark reef at the Mandalay Bay. But there is something else that I need to confess... I'm 33 years old and that was the first time in my life gambling. I wasn't that interested at all. Roman wanted to gamble, so we tried the slots, the penny machines. I asked for a dollar, since I was there anyways I might as well gamble too. And I won $26.00. "This is really fun!!", I told Roman. And after that I was completely hooked. I kept going from machine to machine and at the end we got more than $150.00. I was so excited!

Now I understand why people get addicted to gambling. I'm glad I don't leave in Vegas or in any other place where it's legal to gamble. I think I would have a problem!

The battery for the camera died on the first day we were there and I forgot to pack the charger. We don't have a lot of pictures, but here are some of them:








2 comments:

sotelo said...

Que legal que voces puderam tirar umas ferias so voces DOIS!!! Nao acontece muito, ne? Amuuu Vegas! Quando minha mae chegar aqui do Brasil com a Bella estou querendo fazer uma surpresa pro Jared e ir pra algum lugar so nos dois tambem e Vegas esta na lista! :) Nossa, estavam com sorte, heim? Ganharam a grana! :) Beijos

Cecilia said...

Hey lucky girl! $150???? That's awesome! We got married in Vegas, so we go back every year to celebrate our anniversary. James gambles a little bit, but we've never been that lucky, I guess I need to try it next time ;)

It's so fun to get away with no kids, even if it's just for a few days. I'm glad you guys had a good time!